The Social Value Management Certificate is looking at the standard of an organizations practice in managing the social value that is created (and destroyed) through its activities. This is not only about reporting social value, it is about gathering data, analyzing it, and making better informed decisions to improve your stakeholders lives through creating the most social value that you can with your resources. It does not provide proof or a statement that your organization or program is creating a particular amount of social value, more that you are putting practice in place to continuously improve the amount of value you are creating. The Social Value Management Certificate is an organizational pathway and there should be an explicit expectation when undertaking this journey that decision making, and organizational activities will change throughout.
The Social Value Management Certificate can be awarded to an organization, a department or franchise, or a specific program/project being run by an organization.
The Social Value Management Certificate has three levels, This is an organizational development pathway, and so applicants must progress through each level consecutively.
How to Apply for the Social Value Management Certificate
- Download and carefully read the Social Value Management Certificate Guidance Document. This contains all the information you need to make a successful application.
- Download and carefully read the Social Value Management Certificate Criteria for All 3 Levels.
- Make sure your organization has a current membership with Social Value Canada.
- Arrange a preparation call with the Assurance Manager before making the application.
- Download and read the Terms & Conditions of application. A signed copy of these must be submitted with your application.
- Download and complete the relevant Criteria and Evidence Form from links below:
Level 1 Criteria and Evidence Form
Level 2 Criteria and Evidence Form
Level 3 Criteria and Evidence Form
Social Value Management Certificate Application Processing
We will process Social Value Management Certificate applications four times during 2021.
- Applicants must submit all documents during the round including evidence and criteria form, and Terms and Conditions
- Invoice is issued to applicant
- Initial review is undertaken by the Social Value Canada Assurance Team
- Social Value Canada approved external assessor is engaged if needed
- Feedback will be released after a 6-week assessment period
- Amendments can be made between rounds and resubmitted in the next round
PLEASE NOTE: All invoices for assurance services operate on a 10-day net payment terms. Results of assurance engagements cannot be released until payment is received
Round Opens for Applications
March 8, 2021
March 19, 2021
March 24, 2021
April 7, 2021
April 12-26, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 18, 2021
June 23, 2021
July 7, 2021
July 12-16, 2021
September 27, 2021
October 8, 2021
October 13, 2021
October 27, 2021
November 1-5, 2021
November 29, 2021
December 10, 2021
December 15, 2021
January 5, 2022
January 21, 2022