Accredited Practitioner Training
The Accredited Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training course was developed in 2009, by Social Value UK. It has been offered in Canada by Social Value Canada since 2011. Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training is the most popular course across the international SVI network, and it is now being offered online. This course is a key part of Accredited Practitioner Pathway (APP Level 2) for social value professionals in Canada and around the world.
Social Value and individual Practitioner Training is practical and hands-on. This course includes group sessions, assignments and 1-on-1 mentoring. Each session is recorded so that participants can revisit course content at their convenience. Participants receive a certificate of completion.
Benefits of SVC membership include significant discounts on course pricing. For more information about SVC membership click here.
- Social value and social return on investment (SROI) training is for all professionals seeking to maximize the impact of their work and to more effectively speak to its value.
- The social value principles apply to all sectors and are increasingly sought by employers and professionals alike. Organizations focused upon maximizing impact, achieving the SDGs, sustainability, ESG, purpose, and those required to create an impact policy environment – now is the time to acquire the skills associated with social value thinking.
A Level 3 Accredited Practitioner and Trainer, Stephanie has 20+ years of experience in social issue management, measurement and reporting, with focus within the areas of corporate social performance, community investment and social value, and social impact measurement, valuation and reporting across all sectors.
The Social Value and SROI Training course follows the established modules for Social Value International standards, as outlined within the SROI Guide. There are five-half day sessions. These include:
- Module 1 – Purpose and scope of impact management
- Module 2 – Identifying stakeholders and outcomes
- Module 3 – Measuring the amount of changes
- Module 4 – Valuing changes to outcomes
- Module 5 – From outcomes to impact, how to avoid over-claiming
- Module 6 – Calculations, aggregation, reporting & embedding
Click here to view the learning outcomes, standards, and the recommended reading for each module.
- Why measure impact? Understanding the larger picture.
- Clarifying your scope/scale
- Identifying stakeholders
- Mapping outcomes
- Gathering data and measuring outcomes
- Valuing change
- Understanding the impact
- Calculating the SROI
- Sensitivity analysis, reporting and report assurance
Thanks very much for the training, and pragmatic commentary – your materials are the best I have experienced.
Why did I wait so long to take this course?!!
I think this course and knowledge is absolutely necessary across sectors.
- Build your professional network with peers applying SROI and social value principles across a variety of circumstances
- Increased understanding of the background and philosophy underpinning use of social value principles in every sector
- Enhanced knowledge of tools to measure and value outcomes, and to effectively present that information to key audiences
- Increased confidence in the application of social value principles across your organization, to prove and improve impact
- A 12-month individual membership to the Social Value Canada network, for continued professional development in impact measurement and valuation
- A Social Value International (SVI) certificate of attendance (issued by Social Value Canada) demonstrating achievement of key step towards Social Value Practitioner Accreditation
- Live training sessions, with a Level 3 Social Value Practitioner and Trainer
- 16 hours or dedicated training, with accompanying course materials
- Access to course recordings for revision and or catch-up
- Recommended reading list to advance social value knowledge
- Course assignments to advance knowledge with individual feedback
- Access to worked examples across all sectors
For additional course details please click here