Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training
The Accredited Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training was developed in 2009, by Social Value UK. It has been offered in Canada by Social Value Canada since 2011.
Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training is the most popular course across the international SVI network, and it is now being offered online. This course is a key part of Accredited Practitioner Pathway (APP Level 2) for social value professionals in Canada and around the world. Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training is practical and hands-on. The online course offers group webinar sessions, assignments and includes 1-on-1 mentoring. Each session is recorded so that participants can revisit course content at their convenience. Participants will also receive a certificate of completion.
- Social value and social return on investment (SROI) training is for all professionals seeking to maximize the impact of their work and to more effectively speak to its value.
- The social value principles apply to all sectors and are increasingly sought by employers and professionals alike. Organizations focused upon maximizing impact, achieving the SDGs, sustainability, ESG, purpose, and those required to create an impact policy environment – now is the time to acquire the skills associated with social value thinking.
- A Social Value International (SVI) certificate of attendance (issued by Social Value Canada) demonstrating achievement of key step towards Social Value Practitioner Accreditation
- Live training sessions, with a Level 3 Social Value Practitioner and Trainer
- 16 hours or dedicated training, with accompanying course materials
- Access to course recordings for revision and or catch-up
- Recommended reading list to advance social value knowledge
- Course assignments to advance knowledge with individual feedback
- Access to worked examples across all sectors
The course will be invaluable to:
- Impact practitioners looking to conduct SROIs or manage team members or consultants to do so
- Organization leaders seeking to enhance the client and impact focus of their activities
- Project leads, communicators, development officers seeking to incorporate social return on investment (SROI) analysis into the measurement and reporting processes of their organization
- Evaluators, researchers and impact practitioners seeking to add SROI and social value analysis to their current measurement expertise
- Social entrepreneurs interested in mapping out the impact of their enterprise, for performance improvement, measuring and reporting
- ESG, sustainability, SDG and purpose leads accountable for credible reporting on impact
- Directors or leaders interested in measuring and communicating the value of the impact generated by their organization
- Organizations seeking to transform their culture and strategy around impact
If you have questions about whether this training is right for you, please contact our staff at Social Value Canada.
- Build your professional network with peers applying SROI and social value principles across a variety of circumstances
- Increased understanding of the background and philosophy underpinning use of social value principles in every sector
- Enhanced knowledge of tools to measure and value outcomes, and to effectively present that information to key audiences
- Increased confidence in the application of social value principles across your organization, to prove and improve impact
- A 12-month individual membership to the Social Value Canada network, for continued professional development in impact measurement and valuation
- Why measure impact? Understanding the larger picture.
- Clarifying your scope/scale
- Identifying stakeholders
- Mapping outcomes
- Gathering data and measuring outcomes
- Valuing change
- Understanding the impact
- Calculating the SROI
- Sensitivity analysis, reporting and report assurance
The training is conducted by Stephanie Robertson, Founder & CEO of SiMPACT Strategy Group, a leading expert on measuring and valuing social impact. and Board Chair of Social Value Canada, Canada’s professional body for social value, National Joint-Member Network of Social Value International (SVI).
A Level 3 Accredited Practitioner and Trainer, Stephanie is the most experienced SROI practitioner in Canada and arguably, North America.
Stephanie has 30+ years of experience in social issue management, measurement and reporting, with focus within the areas of corporate social performance, community investment and social value, and social impact measurement, valuation and reporting across all sectors.
With a deep respect for the potential for corporations to positively impact community, Stephanie launched and has facilitated the LBG (London Benchmarking Group) Canada network since 2005. This focus on community investment has included work in telecommunications, banking, oil & gas, pipelines, mining, cooperative and credit unions, among other industries and ownership structures.
Stephanie has been with the social value movement since its beginning. She received her MBA from London Business School in 1999, during which time she met Jed Emerson, the godfather of social value. Afterwards, she spent some time as an adjunct faculty member at London Business School, developing a social enterprise course as well as writing three social enterprise case studies. She was also the Chair of SROI Canada for five years before Social Value International was established in 2015. Her deep passion, leadership, and years of experience will ensure the growth of the social value movement across Canada.
The Social Value and SROI Training course follows the established modules for Social Value International standards, as outlined within the SROI Guide. There are five-half day sessions. These include:
- Module 1 – Purpose and scope of impact management
- Module 2 – Identifying stakeholders and outcomes
- Module 3 – Measuring the amount of changes
- Module 4 – Valuing changes to outcomes
- Module 5 – From outcomes to impact, how to avoid over-claiming
- Module 6 – Calculations, aggregation, reporting & embedding
SOCIAL VALUE CANADA Member and Non-Member Options
All prices in Canadian dollars ($ CDA)
Thanks very much for the training, and pragmatic commentary – your materials are the best I have experienced.
Why did I wait so long to take this course.
I think this course and knowledge is absolutely necessary across sectors.