As the only Canadian membership organization representing professionals working in the social value field, our vision is to bring diverse voices and experience together to share experiences and methodologies. We support, work with and represent our members across the country, who collectively offer a vibrant and active community of practice.
Social value practitioners are stepping forward to offer a range of sector experience and backgrounds. Yet, we hold one thing in common; a commitment to change the way society accounts for value in order to reduce inequality, to reverse environmental degradation and to increase overall well-being. Our role is to enable members to prove their commitment to social value, improve their practice and offer unparalleled networking opportunities.
We are also the Canadian National Network of Social Value International. By joining the network, Social Value Canada members automatically become joint members of Social Value International, a pioneering community with members from more than 45 countries.
SVC is a newly established national network. All members are encouraged to get actively involved, raise questions and to share experience. While there are many things to discuss of interest to the Canadian landscape, SVC membership is also the link to the international landscape and to the work of practitioners across Social Value International.
- Attend regional gatherings
- Join working groups
- Attend practitioner Social Value workshops
- Invitations to national / international events and conferences
- Shape standards and guidance
- Promote associated goods and services across all our media channels
- Support with networking and collaborations
- Access communications platforms for connection to national and international audiences
- Write a blog for our international readership
- Development of member profile to enable connection with the network
- Social Value Canada press release on your membership, organisation and social value engagement (organisational members only)
- Free access to thousands of documents including reports, guidance documents, case studies and linkages papers
- Be recognized as a Social Value Practitioner
- Attend SVI accredited training courses
- Access assurance and accreditation services
- Live demonstration of Social Value resources
- Apply for Social Value Certificate
- Personalised reports and feedback bundle – Bespoke feedback reports on GVE and Self Assessment Tool (organisational members only)
- Self Assessment Tool Workshop – Half day workshop for organisations with ten SAT users, worth $500 (organisational members only)
- Discounts on half day (up to 4 hours) of consultancy (organisational members only)
- Monthly newsletter
- First access to guidance, publications and technical documents, and news from the sector
- Participate in live member webinars and learn from the network
Discounts on Social Value Canada mentoring services
- Discounts on Self Assessment Tool Portfolio account
- Free access to ‘Intro to SROI’ training videos (worth $80) (organisational members only)
Access library of pre-recorded webinars
**Discounts vary depending on membership type
Membership Fee: $125 CDN + plus applicable taxes
Join as a Social Value Canada Individual Member and demonstrate your commitment to best practice and professionalism in social value and social impact. SVC involvement is an opportunity for recognition as a social value professional who adheres to the highest standards.
There are two types of organizational membership.
The Social Value Pioneer membership is the most popular organizational membership package and is open to all organizations who share a commitment to social value and are seeking to embed the Principles of Social Value across their organization. Social Value Pioneers receive dedicated guidance and support from Social Value Canada in joining a community of like-minded organizations all demonstrating their commitment to social value.
Or, join as a Social Value Partner and help us develop the Social Value movement. Around the world, Social Value Partners are supporting others to improve their social value measurement and management. By joining as a Partner you can help SVC and Social Value International to develop a global movement to change the way the world accounts for value.